addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

EAST BAY RAW: Raw & Vegan Food & Health Message Board The Oakland Raw Food Meetup Group Discussion Forum › PCRM needs help in California!

PCRM needs help in California!

A former member
Post #: 16
Hi all,

I'm a huge fan of Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), so when I received this email I wanted to jump right on board to help! Then I realized that many of you out there in Meetup land might have more time than I have to help out with campaigns....so, please find the email I received and please get involved if you feel so called. They are really brining in a new era of vegan consciousness, lets keep that energy flowing!

So here it is:

ATTENTION!

CAN YOU OR ANY OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS, FRIENDS, OR PATIENTS ASSIST PCRM IN AN IMPORTANT LAWSUIT REGARDING CARCINOGENS IN GRILLED CHICKEN AT KFC, TGI FRIDAY’S, APPLEBEE’S, CHICK-FIL-A, CHILI’S GRILL & BAR RESTAURANT, OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE, AND MCDONALD’S?

As you've read before, PCRM has an ongoing lawsuit against seven restaurant chains for serving grilled chicken containing a cancer-causing compound known as PhIP. If PCRM prevails, the restaurants will be required to post warnings in their California restaurants alerting customers about the presence of PhIP in grilled chicken. This lawsuit is raising public awareness about the unseen, unhealthful effects of consuming grilled chicken.

To continue this lawsuit, we need individuals in California to visit their local KFC, TGI Friday's, Applebee's, Chick-fil-A, Chili's Grill & Bar Restaurant, Outback Steakhouse, and McDonald's restaurants and tell us which locations do not already post the warning required by California's Proposition 65. That warning looks like this:

Warning: Chemicals Known To The State of California To Cause
Cancer, Or Birth Defects Or Other Reproductive Harm May Be
Present In Foods Or Beverages Sold Or Served Here.

If you are interested in helping please contact us as soon as possible. We need you to look for this warning in or near all of these five areas of the restaurant: ordering counter, take-out stand, drive-thru window, walk-up window, or lobby. If the warning is not in one of those areas, we will need you to do the following:
Take photographs of each area of the restaurant where the warning sign did not appear.
Take photographs of any warning that is posted in the restaurant.
Take outdoor photographs of the location of the restaurant, including street signs and/or nearby identifiable landmarks.
Keep track of each restaurant's address.
Keep receipts of your expenses, including parking, film, mileage, or public transportation costs for each visit, so PCRM can reimburse you.
Keep track of the time spent on this project, so PCRM can pay you ($8/hour).
Send all of your restaurant information and photographs to PCRM by no later than Feb. 13.
Be available for additional questions regarding your findings.
Sign an affidavit with all of your restaurant information, have the affidavit notarized, and return the affidavit to PCRM in a postage-paid envelope that PCRM will provide later.

If you or someone you know is interested in helping, please contact PCRM at 202-527-7370 as soon as possible so we can provide more information.

Thank you so much for your help!

Dan Kinburn
PCRM General Couns