What we're about
This group is for all Musicians wishing to discover more freedom, spontaneity and ease in performance through the Feldenkrais Method of Somatic Education.
Classes will take place in Central London or Notting Hill.
The Feldenkrais Method offers a unique and practical way to realise our potential more fully. It is an educational method focusing on learning and movement, which can bring about improved movement and enhanced functioning. It is named after its originator, Moshe Feldenkrais (1904-1984), an engineer and physicist as well as a Judo teacher.
The Feldenkrais Method offers:
• greater awareness of comfortable and efficient posture
• options for new ways of moving that are more functional
• fuller and deeper breathing
• reduced aches and pains and more freedom in your movement
• improved performance in sport, dance and music
• improved relaxation response and relief from the effects of stress
Visit www.feldenkrais.co.uk (http://www.feldenkrais.co.uk/) to learn more.
I have taught the Feldenkrais Method to musicians in Europe, USA and Canada. I also teach the method at the Sir James Galway Flute Festival in Switzerland each year.