little girl in a big girl's body? (list not exhaustive)
Well if your childhood experiences of growing up in a black family are affecting your adult life and relationships negatively, then step in because you are no longer alone. Also welcome are women that were left by their parents abroad, then "sent for".
• Do you find your business/career success is limited by a self imposed ceiling?
• Do you sabotage yourself?
• Do you find that just as you reach for the finishing point of a goal a switch is flipped and you lose interest or motivation?
• Are "they" out to get you or stopping you achieving?
• Or are you a success to the world outside but inside you feel not good enough?
• Do you find your relationships fracture even with your best efforts?
• Do you need to get over yourself...overworking, over-sexing, over-debting, over-drugging, over-drinking?
• Do you need to get from under yourself...under-earning, underachieving, under-being?
• Do you want love?
Could this behaviour be connected with growing up in the UK with parents who came from a different country with different values?
and/or as you grew up were your feelings not welcomed or acknowledged?
and/or were your needs not met?
Using the structured template of 12 step programmes pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous, you are invited into the Front Room to heal by talking, listening, journalling and meditation. In a safe place, you will experience the relief you could not find at another dance, in another relationship, with another child or with a new pair of shoes. Neither could you fill that hole with substances.
In the Front Room we, Wounded Sistas, will talk with each other and reason things out. There will be no gossip or criticism, only love and understanding. In the Front Room we will find peace.
The healing effect of meeting in the Front Room on the adult brain and behaviour
"We go into a room where we are with people who are making a commitment to sit calmly through intense feelings...your limbic system gets calmed down" Tian Dayton PhD