• At Studio 55 Avenue C, NY, NY 10009 (at 4th St.)
• 2-7pm , Opening circle greetings 2:45 PM
Donations are welcome and will benefit more free local grow, make, share wellness.
The East Village Wellness Circle and Studio 55C welcome you to a Sunday afternoon of offerings made by many participants of the past wellness gatherings!
• Jocelyn Perez Blanco : Herbalists Without Borders: NYC Chapter members homemade tincture demos and tastings and more!
• Acupuncturists Rachel Kaplan & Wendy Henry Ear seeds that work with meridian healing.
• Energy Work by Maritday Rodriguez-Montero
• Bettie Chaokao TCM health hints for immunity
• Visualization: Wendy Henry
• Yoga: Wenting Chen
• Sound bath: Tess Rose
• Spagyric Tincture of Horsetail Presentation: Daniel Friedman
• Meditation: Armand Ruhlman
• Somatic movement: Dr. Martha Eddy
• Partner body work & Improvisation: DD Maucher
Chinese/English: Wenting Chen
Armand Ruhlman’s invite & vision:
“This event or process - this gathering of gentle souls - is based on and inspired by the garden wellness circles that have sought to bring folks together from various, diverse backgrounds. It could be thought of as a series of moments - of encounters - of exchanges. As a journey - individually and collectively.
On the one hand, The Healing Happening is an opportunity to share, to give - whether it be offered as a formal presentation from a practitioner of one kind or another - or offered as a friendly hello, “My Name is”… or offered as a sincere, individual expression of one's true self within a circle or small group - in which the individual sharing can specify that whatever being offered is done in confidentiality within the confines of the group.
In particular, it is hoped that these various moments of individual expression will be of a creative nature: movement, dance, music, song, spoken word, story telling, guided imagery, etc. All of this happening within a constantly changing circle of participants - as some arrive - as others move on, and so forth.
But, of course, one could say that any kind of human interaction has a creative aspect to it, and that we're all being creative every moment of our lives - to one degree or another. And, thus, one could think of these daily moments of creativity as (hopefully) being of a healing nature. Both physically and meta-physically.
And, on the other hand, The Healing Happening is an opportunity for listening. To listen to the others in the group - in an appreciative manner. And to listen to one's self - (hopefully) nurtured by the group experiences offered in the Healing Happening - whatever they may be.
Thus, this coming together can become a healing experience - for the individual and for the group. And beyond - into the larger community.
So, please join us on this journey. Join us in this noble experiment. This expedition to both the outer and inner limits of our existence.”