addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Irish / British Genealogy Group Message Board › SURNAMES WE ARE RESEARCHING:

SURNAMES WE ARE RESEARCHING:

Bridget
user 8700760
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 17
I recall an idea that was shared with me some months back from one of the members re posting surnames our group is researching from an interest and possible help standpoint. So I shall start with the main names I am focusing on at the moment and if anyone wishes to add to the list, please do!

Ryan
Foy
A former member
Post #: 8
I want to learn more about how to research my Irish genealogy. I'm researching Healy/Ryans/Ryan/Leary Inchigeelagh, County Cork.
Flaherty/Manning/O'D onnell/Joyce Lettermullan, Connemara, Gallway.
Gallagher/Murren Knockglass, which means “high hill” where she lived, Balinameen, Boyle, County Roscommon, Ireland.

This is where I'm stuck on the Healy part of my family:
I'm looking for information about my ancestor Jeremiah Healy who lived in Inchigeela. His father Jeremiah Healy (aka Jerry Kerrish, aka Jerry the Liar because he told tall tales) had three different wives in a short period. The first was Hannah Ryans who died around 1858. We are descended from the second Joan Ryan, who died six weeks after giving birth to her son Jeremiah by going into the neighbor’s cottage when the parents died during a Scarlet Fever epidemic. We have no record of her exact birth, marriage, death, parents, or who our Jeremiah’s parents. His third wife was Mary Leary who had four children.
If I can find the marriage certificate from Jeremiah Healy to Joan Ryan I could take my genealogical records back another generation or two.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Info obtained from below http://www.familysear...­

Christening: Jeremiah Healy 15 JAN 1860 Roman Catholic, Inchigeelagh Parish, Cork, Ireland
Father: JEREMIAH HEALY
Mother: JOAN RYAN
Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
C700791 1816 - 1863 0823804, 0823808 Film 0883697 Film
C700791 1863 - 1875 0823804, 0823808 Film NONE
Sheet: 00
Came over to US about 1879.

TIMOTHY HEALY
Christening: 01 DEC 1857 Roman Catholic, Inchigeelagh Parish, Cork, Ireland
Parents:
Father: JEREMIAH HEALY
Mother: HANNAH RYANS
Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
C700791 1816 - 1863 0823804, 0823808 Film 0883697 Film
C700791 1863 - 1875 0823804, 0823808 Film NONE
Sheet: 00
michael d.
user 5285351
New York, NY
Post #: 1
DUFFY - SHEIL Kilmovee, Mayo Phila PA, Brooklyn NY, New York NY
HOLIAN - TARPEY Bekan, Mayo New York NY [ Boston ?? ]
MULKEEN - HUNT Knock, Mayo New York NY, San Francisco CA, Philadelphia PA

HIGGINS - CRUISE - DISKIN Kiltullagh / Ballinlough, Roscommon New York NY, S.F. CA

HOSTY - HOLIAN Dunmore, Galway New York NY, Chicago, IL

WHITE - MORAN - BRAY - MURRAY Killucan, Westmeath New York NY, Fairfield Cty CT

KEARNEY - CUSACK Killaconnigan / Ballivor, Meath