260 1st Ave South, Suite 300, Saint Petersburg, FL
Join our Back End Instructor, Mark Dewey for a scenic tour around the .NET framework and learn more about the Back End Engineering course at The Iron Yard with our Community Marketing and Experience Rep, Dania Maciel.
The .NET world has a lot to offer. From pure functional languages, to a miraculous data query language, to a rich developer environment, it can be overwhelming to learn and deal with. This talk will cover the highlights of the language to give folks an insight and a starting point into what they can do with .NET
We will cover, (at a fast pace) some of the high points and interesting parts of .NET and end up building a small Windows Desktop app at the end.
• Laptop running Windows 10 (natively, or through a VM) that is WiFi capable. Laptops are required to complete the course. However, if you do not have one and would simply like to attend as an observer, you're certainly welcomed to sign up. You'll still learn a lot!
• Visual Studio 2015 install on the Windows 10 Instance
Who is this for?
This talk is gauged towards:
• Technical minded folks who want to get their feet wet with a new technology.
• Existing developers who want to see what .NET is about.
• Together we will discuss:
• What is .NET?
• Why choose .NET?
• What can you do with the .NET?
• Together we will create :
• A Simple Desktop App
• Create a few different Apps using the same logic
A world of pure imagination
Stick around for networking and Open Code!