No stress sailing weekend in the Solent for all levels.
We'll be chartering a boat together from (likely) Haslar Marina in Gosport and exploring the Solent including Cowes on the Isle of Wight and maybe Hamble, Lymington, Yarmouth or Beaulieu. We'll be tacking, gybing, manoeuvring and all sorts of other sailory things - and you'll be able to join in as much (or as little) as you please.
It's normally a great time to sail - the weather is still mild and the crowds have gone and the prices reduced. I expect we'll be 6 or 7 on board and the cost will be around £150 per person. I'll likely drive down so happy to give a lift if anyone needs.
An ideal itinerary would be
Friday 1st Nov at 20:00 meet at the boat collect the shopping and have dinner
Sat and Sun - sail in the day and early evening spending the night in either Lymington or Yarmouth (Isle of Wight) and return to Gosport by 15:30
Costs - shared (est £150)
I will update with further details when I know who's coming etc.
Checklist of things to bring:
• Suitcase: Space is limited on the boat so bring soft bags only
• Clothing: warm and waterproof, hat sailing gloves (don’t forget sun cream as well).
• Bedding: You will need a pillow case and sleeping bag (or duvet and sheets if you prefer); there are pillows on board (you can of course bring your own as well)
• Shoes: soft non-marking shoes only please (or sailing boots).
• Food and drink: I will do a big shop before the trip including cereals, eggs and bacon, pasta, chocolate, bread, butter, tea, coffee, water etc. Let me know if there is you can’t eat/live without
• Health: let me know if you have any health issues! Think of bringing sea-sickness pills if you are affected