addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Bulldog Club of Southern California Message Board › Finding a Puppy! Help!

Finding a Puppy! Help!

Andrew M.
user 195666217
Thousand Oaks, CA
Post #: 1
Hello All!

I wanted to reach out because honestly I didn't know who too turn to!

My wife and I have been looking to purchase an english bulldog for the past year and have been scared to pull the trigger because fear of purchasing from a shady breeder who is mistreating the dog. So, I wanted to reach out to you and see if you could point me in the right direction. If its a website or a breeder who you can recommend. It has been a dream to own a English bulldog for years and this is the first time my wife hasn't had a dog.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Andrew
Ashley B.
user 197733393
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
Hi Andrew,

As far as English Bulldogs go, its pretty hard to qualify anyone as a non-shady breeder. Its a pretty physically taxing and dangerous process for Bullies to be born. May I suggest contacting So Cal Bulldog Rescue and asking if they have any young pups available? I have rescued 2 amazing bullies from them, one was 2 years old, the other 10 months and it worked out beautifully. They were already house broken, all of their ailments had already been identified so no going in blind as to what ailments you WILL get (there are no ailment free bulldogs). The dogs they have are all results of folks not understanding what they were getting into with the breed and throwing in the towel. I know they always have 80+ bullies waiting for homes at any time so you'd be saving a life at the same time as finding an extremely grateful pup. Win, win!

Good luck with finding your family friend!