Needs a location
THIS event was planned for MARCH 8th but we have changed it to March 29th due to very heavy rain expected on March 8th
We are meeting HERE (https://www.google.ca/maps?t=m&ll=49.339665,-123.249822&z=16&q=Caulfeild+Park&cid=0x3adb36d9853abd07&output=classic). Get to Pilot House via Dogwood Lane (Pilot House Road is a one way street starting from Dogwood Lane.) Meet at "The Anchor" A grassy knoll in the park where you will see a large boulder with an anchor attached to it. (Across from 4761 Pilot House Road).
There is some parking at the anchor and you can park any where before or after the anchor on the left hand side of the street.
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to:http://www.translink.bc.ca (http://www.translink.bc.ca/) type in the location you are starting from, the destination and the date and time you will begin the trip
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your meetup account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. We're a friendly bunch and often Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers are willing to provide a ride! Don't forget to chip in for gas if you get a ride ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE (http://vancouver.ca/engsvcs/transport/cycling/bikeways/maps.htm)
• Meet at 9.45am (please don't be late)
• Sign in
• Walk to Site (follow arrows if you're late)
• Remove English Ivy
What to bring
• Refillable water bottle (don't forget this please)
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
What will be provided for you
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• A volunteer letter if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
• A fun experience in a beautiful park!
Caulfeild Park Conservation Society and the District of West Vancouver (http://westvancouver.ca)