Needs a location
This event is on rain or shine!
The Lower Mainland Green Team will join Evergreen
As part of Evergreen (http://www.evergreen.ca/)’s Uncover Your Creeks program, we’ll remove invasive plants and possibly plant native plants and take water quality samples in the Brunette River. We’ll also learn about how stewardship activities are connected to urban water.
The location is Renfrew Ravine Park. we're meeting right at the access to the park near 29th and Atlin, across the street from the 29th Avenue station. For a map click --> HERE (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/E+29th+Ave+%26+Atlin+Stfirstname.lastname@example.org,-123.0458807,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x548676bc06e9cb83:0xb010d792fbce8007)
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to:http://www.translink.bc.ca (http://www.translink.bc.ca/) type in the location you are starting from, the destination and the date and time you will begin the trip
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your meetup account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. We're a friendly bunch and often Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers are willing to provide a ride! Don't forget to chip in for gas if you get a ride ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE (http://vancouver.ca/engsvcs/transport/cycling/bikeways/maps.htm)
• Meet at 9.45am (please don't be late)
• Sign in
• Walk to Site (follow arrows if you're late)
• Remove invasive plants from 10-1pm
What to bring
• Water (don't forget this please)
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
What will be provided for you
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• A volunteer letter if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
Evergreen (http://www.evergreen.ca), a national charity with a mission to inspire and enable action to green cities