We'll be working rain or shine
Consent form HERE for those under 19. There is a waiver form that adult volunteers can sign on site
We are meeting HERE
Get to Pilot House road via Dogwood Lane (Pilot House Road is a one way street starting from Dogwood Lane.) Meet at "The Anchor" A grassy knoll in the park where you will see a large boulder with an anchor attached to it. (Across from 4761 Pilot House Road).
There is some parking at the anchor and you can park any where before or after the anchor on the left hand side of the street.
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are click HERE
Carpool. Leave a message at the bottom of this page if you need a ride. Don't forget to chip in for gas ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE
Flow of Volunteer Activity
• Meet at noon(please don't be late)
• Sign in
• Walk to Site (follow arrows if you're late)
• Pull English Ivy from this beautiful park
• Take a break (yummy refreshments time!)
• Volunteer until 2.30 pm
• Sign out
What to bring
• If you're under 19 have your guardian or parent sign this form --> HERE or email [masked] to get a copy of our waiver form emailed to you
• Refillable water bottle
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
What will be provided for you at this volunteer activity
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• An opportunity to meet new people and have a fun experience in a beautiful park!
What will happen afterwards
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album
• A summary of how this activity went along with before and after photos will be posted in our pages to show what a big impact you've made
We are working with the District of West Vancouver
Are you interested in becoming a City of West volunteer? please contact [masked] for information. Other awesome groups nearby running activities are:
Lighthouse Park Preservation Society
West Vancouver Shoreline Preservation Society
West Vancouver Streamkeeper Society