PROCESS TO PARTICIPATE
If you haven't done so yet, register as a Lower Mainland Green Team volunteer by clicking HERE (https://greenteams.formstack.com/forms/lower_mainland_green_team_volunteer_registration_form)
Register for our Oct[masked]am-1pm Booth Creek activity by clicking HERE (https://greenteams.formstack.com/forms/booth_creek_oct_14_9_45am_1pm_registration)
Please don't wait until the day of the activity to complete step 1 and/or 2 at the park on tablets. Let's save time at the event so we can get right to volunteering!! :)
We'll be working rain or shine
We are meeting at the intersection of Montgomery Street and Colton Avenue. Click HERE (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Montgomery+St+%26+Colton+Ave,+Coquitlam,+BCfirstname.lastname@example.org,-122.8418326,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x54867878d66d2d09:0x2e458f37330ddbd3!8m2!3d49.2398937!4d-122.8396439) for an interaction map
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are click HERE (http://www.translink.bc.ca)
Carpool. Leave a message at the bottom of this page if you need a ride. Don't forget to chip in for gas ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE (http://www.translink.ca/en/Getting-Around/Cycling/Cycling-Maps.aspx)
Flow of Volunteer Activity
• Meet at 9.45am (please don't be late)
• Sign in
• Walk to Site (please follow green arrows if you're late)
• Pulling English Ivy and digging up Himalayan Blackberry
• Take a break (yummy refreshments time!)
• Volunteer until 1 pm
• Sign out
What to bring
• REGISTER ahead of time as a volunteer by CLICKING HERE (https://greenteams.formstack.com/forms/lower_mainland_green_team_volunteer_registration_form)
• Register ahead of time for this activity by clicking HERE (https://greenteams.formstack.com/forms/booth_creek_oct_14_9_45am_1pm_registration)
Registering ahead of time helps us go paperless and save time!
• Refillable water bottle
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
What will be provided for you at this volunteer activity
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• An opportunity to meet new people and have a fun experience in a beautiful park!
What will happen afterwards
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album (http://www.meetup.com/The-Lower-Mainland-Green-Team/photos/)
• A summary of how this activity went along with before and after photos will be posted in our pages (http://www.meetup.com/The-Lower-Mainland-Green-Team/about/) to show what a big impact you've made
We are working with the City of Coquitlam (http://www.coquitlam.ca)
Are you interested in becoming a Bad Seed volunteer? It’s easy — just show up to one of our Bad Seed events (https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicOrganization/70f5aad0-ec2b-445c-b980-977cb9020dcb/1).