PLEASE REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER by clicking: http://goo.gl/WRx6jr
You only ever have to register as a volunteer ONCE
We'll be at the park volunteering rain or shine
Trail near 1205 Burkemont Place in Coquitlam. For a map of the meeting spot click: http://goo.gl/mrMYMP
REDUCE YOUR FOOTPRINT AND USE TRANSIT, BICYCLE or TRANSIT
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are click: http://www.translink.bc.ca
Carpool. Leave a message at the bottom of this page if you need a ride. Don't forget to chip in for gas ($5 for every hour of drive is about right)
Cycle. For a bicycle map click HERE (http://www.translink.ca/en/Getting-Around/Cycling/Cycling-Maps.aspx)
FLOW OF ACTIVITY
• Meet at 9.45am (please don't be late)
• Sign in
• Dig up Himalayan blackberry crowns and lop canes
• Take a break (yummy refreshments time!)
• Volunteer until 1 pm
• Sign out
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER AHEAD OF TIME ONLINE
• If you haven't yet, register online: http://goo.gl/WRx6jr
WHAT TO BRING
• Refillable water bottle
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU:
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break (often juices, fruits, veggies, energy bars and cookies)
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• An opportunity to meet new people and have a fun experience in a beautiful park!
WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS?
• A volunteer letter emailed to you on request
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album: http://goo.gl/hctXBv
• A summary of how this activity went along with before and after photos will be posted to show what a big impact you've made (we're still looking for a home for where this will go!)
PARTNER FOR THIS ACTIVITY:
We are working with the City of Coquitlam: http://www.coquitlam.ca
City of Coquitlam truly understands how important it is to partner with a local charity to increase community engagement and raise environmental awareness and increase their capacity to improve their local parks!
OTHER AWESOME OPPORTUNITIES IN THE AREA:
City of Coquitlam Bad Seed Urban Forestry Volunteer opportunities: https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicOrganization/70f5aad0-ec2b-445c-b980-977cb9020dcb/1
Watershed Watch Salmon Society: https://www.watershed-watch.org/
Port Moody Ecological Society: http://www.noonscreek.org
Burrard Inlet Marine Enhancement Society (BIMES): http://www.mossomcreek.org/
Burke Mountain Naturalists: http://www.bmn.bc.ca
Maple Creek Streamkeepers: https://sites.google.com/site/mcstreamkeepers/home