REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER HERE: http://goo.gl/WRx6jr
UNDER 19? Please ensure the PARENT CONSENT FORM is signed (available online at the link above when you register as a volunteer)
Once you have registered as a Green Team volunteer, you never have to do it again.
We'll be at the park volunteering rain or shine
We are meeting at the parking lot at Anderson St and Vine Ave in White Rock (the east side of the track) . The closest biggest intersection is Oxford St and 16th Ave/North Bluff Rd
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER AHEAD OF TIME ONLINE
• If you haven't yet, register online: http://goo.gl/WRx6jr
• Please don't forget to ask your parent to sign the parent consent form if you are under 19
FLOW OF ACTIVITY:
• Meet at 9.45am (please don't be late)
• Sign in on your own phone!
• Walk to site (follow arrows if you're late)
• Remove Himalayan Blackberry using loppers and shovels
• Take a break and indulge in yummy refreshments!
• Volunteer until 1pm
• Sign out on your own phone
WHAT TO BRING:
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• Refillable water bottle
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves if you prefer them (we provide them otherwise)
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks (We will be tackling the very thorny invasive - Himalayan Blackberry, so definitely no open skin!)
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too!
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU:
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Tools (we will be using shovels and loppers to remove blackberry!)
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• An opportunity to meet new people and have a fun experience in beautiful location
WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS?
• If you need to confirm your hours for school or another program a volunteer letter emailed
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album: http://goo.gl/hctXBv
• A summary of how this activity went along with before and after photos
PARTNERS FOR THIS ACTIVITY:
City of White Rock: https://www.whiterockcity.ca
OTHER AWESOME GROUPS IN THE AREA:
White Rock & Surrey Naturalists: https://www.facebook.com/WRSnaturalists/
Friends of Semiahmoo Bay: http://www.birdsonthebay.ca