addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The London Meetup Organisers' Group Message Board A great way to run the London Meet Up Organisers group would be.... › ### LONDON MEETUP OLYMPIC DREAM !!! You can make it happen !!! ###

### LONDON MEETUP OLYMPIC DREAM !!! You can make it happen !!! ###

Robert
user 13727152
London, GB
Post #: 149
LONDON IS THE ONLY CITY TO HAVE EVER HOSTED THE OLYMPICS 3 TIMES !!!
What an amazing city !!!
+++ 205 countries united in the sporting party !! more than the total number of countries in/ belonging to the 'United Nations' !!! They say Sports brings people together !!smile

laughingFor the 1st time ever - evry country participating has woman in their team. Suffragettes were invented here too ;O)

An idea that has been playing on my mind, Why dont we get as many Organisers to do the BIGGEST JOINT EVENT ever in the meetup community history ?? Perhaps a giant party ? What about something marking / celebrating the Olympics ? .....
If we did, pulled all our strings, all us organisers, we could do something spectacular !!!
WE HAVE 2 WEEKS LEFT ... Could have a closing ceremony party... Representing as many countries / cultures as possible ??
What do you think ???
WHOS UP FOR THIS ??
PS - WE COULD CHARGE £2 PER PERSON TO BE DONATED TO GREAT ORMOND STREET HOSPITAL FOR SICK CHILDREN. (Wonderful place there, patched me up when i was a kid)
-----

Could the organiser of this group pass this idea on to all members, organisers. If we go ahead we need to start the wheels moving. I have 2k members i can email. just 15-20 of us organisers could invite 50% + of the whole London Meetup community . It could be huge... (raise alot for GOSH too)
-----
Anyone interested in running with this ?
Listen to this music while you ponder the ideas ----> http://www.youtube.co...­

What do you think ?
Spread the word !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS - We could also invite miss Obama since shes in London :o)

I know some of you organisers have many strings you can pull :o) we could really make something
AMAZING happen !! tongue
Robby

"Action this day.."
Robert
Robert1973
London, GB
Post #: 125
It's possible, but a bit short notice. Last year someone setup a Meetup group aimed at getting all the group organisers to organise a massive meetup picnic event, but unfortunately it didn't actually happen.