addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Missouri Triathlon Meetup Group Message Board › off road triatholons

off road triatholons

A former member
Post #: 12
was wondering if anyone had done an off road triatholon and some feed back. thanks.
Jim M.
user 8616762
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 1
I was thinking of doing the Memphis in May mountain bike race, then the next day do the Memphis in May Olympic. I saw a guy last year who did them both and he said it was a great. I just started mountain biking and it is a blast. We have a small group that has been riding at Castlewood. I could shoot you a e-mail next time we ride which could be this Saturday.
Jim
A former member
Post #: 13
I was always thinking about doing that. shoot me an email.
A former member
Post #: 1
I've been doing them for years. Specifically, the Xterra series and in fact this past year qualified and competed in the Nationals in Ogden UT. What kind of feedback were you looking for? Lots of fun. Makes road triathlon boring in comparison.
A former member
Post #: 159
the off-road tri is a new concept "in our area" - there was one in IL this season but it was cold & they had little turnout. the out in innsbrook is said to be very non-technical so those without mtn biking experience will feel comfortable on it...it sounds.

jim, i can tell you that i've heard the memphis in may mtn bike even the day before is really not "MTN biking" because it's not singletrack. it's like through the park in grass mainly. i've not done it so ask around but i wasn't impressed with what i heard. there are plenty of mtn biking races if you want to get into that. memphis in may sprint tri was great-food was even better. ;-)