Needs a location
- Never Travel Solo host onsite during the trip.
- 5 nights accommodations with breakfast in Reykjavik.
- Breakfast at hotel on arrival day.
- Roundtrip transfers from Reykjavik Airport to our group hotel.
- Tours and admissions for all attractions listed on the itinerary.
- Buffet lunch at Hotel Geysir.
- A visit to the world famous Blue Lagoon.
- All taxes, fees, surcharges, and currency fluctuations.
- Tips for all tour guides and bus drivers.
- The prices below do not include airfare to and/or from arrival and departure cities.
- The price for this trip is $1,799 per person double occupancy, $2,399 single occupancy if paying by check. If paying by credit card, there is a fee of 2.9% + .30 per payment. Our complimentary roommate matching service will match you up with a roommate as long as you're a complete non-smoker/tobacco user and you book at least 120 days prior to the trip. Don't let not having a roommate keep you from going on this amazing trip!
- Deposit is a non-refundable $700 double occupancy, $1,400 single occupancy.
- All payments non-refundable.
To book, please contact Paul at [masked] or (571)[masked].
10/27/19 (Sunday) - Arrival Day / Airport To Hotel Transfer / Group Welcome Get Together Dinner
Enjoy complimentary transportation aboard the Flybus to our group hotel.
Spend the day relaxing and taking in the sites. We'll have an optional after breakfast walk and tour of downtown Reykjavik.
We'll meet up that night for a Welcome Get Together Dinner.
- Flights arrive early into Iceland so our hotel room might not be ready upon our arrival. If not, you will be able to store your luggage at the hotel. We also have breakfast that first day so you'll be able to enjoy something to eat.
10/28/19 (Monday) - Reykjavík Grand Excursion / Northern Lights
The Reykjavík Grand Excursion is a detailed and comprehensive introduction to Reykjavik's past and present.
We visit Hallgrímskirkja church, one of Iceland´s most impressive landmarks; The Pearl, with its fabulous viewing deck; Reykjavík City Hall, with its striking raised-relief map of Iceland (when available); and pass by Höfði House, where Reagan and Gorbachev met in 1986 to begin the process of ending the Cold War. We also drive through the city centre, the harbour area, the University of Iceland campus, past the Elliðaár river, and through Laugardalur valley.
Our expert guide provides all the essential information about Reykjavík´s rich culture, history and natural environment.
Later that night, we'll enjoy our Northern Lights Tour.
The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, are a spectacular natural phenomenon, often seen dancing around in fantastic colors across the Icelandic Arctic sky. They are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole.
The locations visited are different every tour since we go where it’s most likely to see the Northern Lights each day.
- This tour is depending on weather and sightings are not guaranteed.
10/29/19 (Tuesday) - FREE DAY
Enjoy a free day to explore on your own or with other members of the group.
10/30/19 (Wednesday) - Golden Circle Tour
The Golden Circle needs little introduction: it includes some Iceland’s most stunning sights. You will see the hot spring Strokkur shoot a column of water up to 30 meters (98 ft.) into the air every 4-8 minutes – a thrilling experience that just never gets old. We also visit the magnificent Gullfoss (Golden Falls) waterfall, created where the river Hvítá tumbles and plunges into a crevice some 32 m (105 ft.) deep. Our tour also includes the historical and geological wonder that is Þingvellir National Park, where the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart at a rate of a few centimeters per year.
We'll have an amazing buffet lunch at the Hotel Geysir.
10/31/19 (Thursday) - Blue Lagoon Visit
What visit to Iceland would be complete without a visit to the famous Blue Lagoon, a not to be missed attraction. Nothing can be compared to the the unique experience to soak up the scenic beauty and enjoy breathing the clean, fresh air while relaxing in the warm geothermal seawater.
11/01/19 (Friday) - Departure Day, Hotel To Airport Transfer
Checkout time is noon and you'll be provider a transfer ticket to the airport aboard the FlyBus.
Depending on the size of our group, some of our activities may be part of a larger public tour group. If we get enough people we will have our own private motorcoach for all tours.
The hotel, activities, and/or their order may change and/or be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. In the event this happens, we will try our best to make similar accommodations or changes.
Some parts of this trip requires extensive walking (5 - 8 miles over the course of the day as well as uphill/downhill climbing on cobblestone or non stable pathways).