"Everyone is a moon, and has a DaRk siDe which he never shows to anybody".~M. Twain
Question: Why should I join?
Answer: Only you know for sure if you should join but as far as why it’s simple. We are the most unique, diverse and well run horror based meetup in New York. This group is a labor of love for all involved, we take pride, commitment and responsibility in everything we do. While other meetups don’t put much thought or effort into the events they plan, here at the DaRk siDe you will find events that have been thoroughly thought out and executed to the best of our abilities, thus giving you, the member, “The Best” experience compared to any other meetup around. Come see for yourself !
Question: Why do you charge a membership fee?
Answer: Although I’d like to make the group totally free there are certain costs associated with owning a meetup group. Meetup charges a $12.00/month fee to host the site, so some of the dues go right to that. The rest is used for special perks through out the year, access to “PAID MEMBERS ONLY” events, free alcohol and food at certain events and free promotional items (DVD's, books, collectibles, etc), depending on what is available at the time. Also I have found that paid groups get a higher quality crowd and people who are more invested in the outcome of the group.
Question: What is our refund policy?
Answer: We offer a refund of your $15.00 membership dues within 30 days of joining The DaRk siDe if you decide this group isn’t right for you. We do this because we are confident that once you come out that you will love the group and how the events are run. It also gives new members a chance to experience our great group with absolutely
Question: Why must I be 21 or older to join?
Answer: New York State Law dictates that no one under the age of 21 may consume or posses alcohol. Since some events we participate in take place at a bar or where alcohol is served we must enforce the age restriction to our members.
THE NEW YORK DaRk siDe Horror MEET-UP MEMBERSHIP RULES & POLICIES
In order to run a more efficient and organized group, we have created a list of membership rules and policies. Please take a few minutes to read and become familiar with them as they will be ENFORCED.
• THE NEW YORK DaRk siDe Horror MEET-UP group is about having fun and meeting new friends, and we want to keep it that way! Behavior deemed “Inappropriate” by the Leadership Team will NOT be tolerated and may result in immediate removal from the group! Please respect your fellow members and establishments we visit.
* All members of The DaRk siDe must be 21 or older. Anyone who misrepresents themselves will be removed from the group immediately.
* Guest's under 21 may be permitted to attend select event's. In order for someone under 21 to attend the member of the group who is accompanying the guest must receive permission from the Event Host prior to RSVPing. Whether or not the guest is allowed is based solely on the event host discretion.
MEMBERSHIP DUES & PERKS
• All members are required to pay an annual $15.00 membership fee which covers January thru December of the current year.
• Yearly dues run on a Calendar year cycle = The one-year period that begins on January 1 and ends on December 31. This means if you pay your current year dues in November, come January 1st your dues for the new year will be due.
• You must pay $15 via PayPal on or by your 1st event.
• Paid members receive special perks such as free movie screenings, access to special events, free alcohol at certain events and free promotional items (DVD's, books, collectibles, etc), depending on what is available at the time. So if you haven’t done so already, please pay your annual membership fee.
• You must be current and up to date with your yearly dues in order to attend all DaRk siDe Events.
REFUND POLICY (The only group willing to do this!)
If within 30 days of your join date you decide this group is not for you I will gladly refund your $15 yearly membership fee. You must have paid your dues within the first 30 days of when you joined and attend at least 1 event to be eligible for a refund. If you do not attend any events within your first 30 days of joining, you forfeit this option. If you rejoin again this policy is void if you leave within the first 30 days.
ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY
• Attendance is taken at all meet-up events, and although we do our best to make sure everyone who attends is marked “Present”, it is ultimately your responsibility to check-in with us and make sure we know you are there.
• Please arrive “on-time” AND at the designated meeting location for meet-ups. Not doing so or meeting the group elsewhere or later may result in you being marked as a “NO SHOW”, and we don’t want that to happen smile
AVOIDING NO-SHOWS & STRIKES
• Please note that we have a “3 STRIKE” rule in effect! If you RSVP “YES” to a meet-up event, we expect you to attend. If something comes up and you need to change your RSVP from “Yes” to “No”, you must do so no less than 6 hours prior to the event start time. If you do not change your RSVP and you fail to attend, you will receive 1 “STRIKE” and you will also be marked down as a “NO-SHOW”.
• If you change your RSVP from “Yes” to “No” less than 4 hours before the event start time (12 hours for FREE screenings), you will be given 1 ”STRIKE” and marked down as a “NO SHOW”.
• You will also receive 1 “STRIKE” for every meet-up event you attend without having paid your membership fee.
• Members with “3 STRIKES / 3 NO-SHOW’s” will be removed from the group without warning and their annual membership fee, if paid, will be forfeited.
• If you are unsure about your attendance, we prefer you RSVP “No” rather than “Yes”. Please note that we close out and print the RSVP list 6 hours prior to the event start time and consider that to be the final attendance list.
• Members with EXCESSIVE NO SHOW’s/STRIKES may be banned without warning. This means you joined the group, were removed, rejoined again but still received 3 STRIKES / 3 NO SHOW’s.
THE IMPORTANCE OF STAYING ACTIVE IN THE GROUP
• In order to stay in the group, you must remain active. This means that you must attend at least 1 meet-up every 6 months. Members who are inactive for more than 6 months may be removed without warning and their membership fee will be forfeited. If you wish to rejoin you will need to repay your membership dues.
Dark Card Rewards
• The Dark Side Horror Group is the ONLY meetup group to offer a Rewards Card to their PAID MEMBERS.
For details on the Dark Card Rules & Policy please contact the organizer
• Free Screenings scheduled as events are for the sole purpose of rewarding Dark Side Members.
• Failure to show up for a Free Screening you have RSVP'd "YES" for OR Failure to change your "YES" RSVP with more then 12 hours notice will result in a "NO SHOW" and affect your ability to attend future screenings with the group.
• You MUST meet the group at the posted time and meeting place for all Free Screenings.
• All members wishing to attend a Free Screening will automatically be put on a waiting list. Members on the waiting list will be chosen to attend the event based on 4 criteria:
* Paid Membership
* Fewest previous "NO SHOWS"
* Most "Attended" Past Events
* Exceeding Membership Expectations. This can be accomplished by recruiting friends as
new members, promoting the group and it's meetups, suggesting new unique events and anything else deemed going above and beyond by the organizers.
• Certain events require advanced planning and will have costs associated with them, therefore we recommend you have a pay-pal account to pre-pay for such events. Setting up an account is quick and easy but if you don’t know how to set one up or you wish to create one, you can find the detailed instructions posted up on our message board.
MEMBER PROFILE PICTURES
• Member profiles require a main profile picture to be posted. The picture must show your face clearly and be recent. This is necessary for taking attendance at events.
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE RULES MAY BE UPDATED & REVISED AS NECESSARY ***
Please show the group the same courtesy as you would expect in the event of a change in plans and as per the groups Rules and Policies you agreed to when joining the Dark Side.