addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New York Skydiving Meetup Group Message Board › What does the group do October through April?

What does the group do October through April?

Jen
user 3953990
New York, NY
Post #: 27
We officially close the skydive season to new Meetup members in early October and resume in April. The weather is just too unpredictable and cold during those months and I'd hate for a new member to come all the way out to NJ with us and not be able to jump.

Seasoned skydivers: we will continue to jump throughout the year. We generally go down to Z-Hills or Sebastian during the winter for a long weekend. If you're not already part of the 'cool kids' mailing list and want to be, please let me know - just send me an email. Sorry, no tandems. You must be working toward your license or already hold one.

So what do we do during the colder months? We generally head to a bar after work and hang out. Our favorite places are near public transportation, not too pricey, and (if we're really lucky) have yummy food. Feel free to bring friends / family to these events - the more the merrier! It's a great way to meet the regulars, ask lots of questions, and get to know the group.

We'll resume our jumping schedule in mid-to-late April (depending on the weather). During the summer we set up at least 2 events per month and the regulars head out to the DZ every weekend.

I hope to meet all of those who weren't able to come out this summer!

Blue skies!

Jen
A former member
Post #: 40
Hi Jen...is there any plans for a final or last dive this month (sept) ???