We are often called upon to take pictures of friends and family. Grabbing a quick snapshot is easy enough but getting a quality portrait they be proud to hang on their wall is another matter. If you are serious about portraits or have any aspirations of going Pro, then this session is for you.
You'll be shooting a mother/daughter team which is always an instant winner for the portfolio. We'll cover the theory and then put it into practice too.
The setting will be both studio as well as typical domestic situations.
All you require is your DSLR, I'll provide the lighting
(combinations of continuous and flash).
A candid of our models: Brandy and Destiny Rose
Image provided by model
Topics will include:
• Planning the shoot
• Suggesting wardrobe to the client
• Getting prepared for the shoot
• Lighting for several subjects
• Putting people at ease
• Creating a connection between your subjects
• Composition, plus real and implied lines
• Candid vs Formal images
• Posing and directing your subjects