This is a group for individuals aged around 60+ who have interests such as walking, cinema, theatre, music, art, history, dining and days out. It is about general socialising and making new friends.
Unlike other Meetup groups where the Organisers put on most of the events the aim of this group is for everyone to contribute and we encourage each member to play an active part in supporting the group by suggesting/hosting meetups.
FEES: Fees are reviewed annually on 31st August, payment is requested in advance in order to join. No discounts for part of a year and no refunds given.
If you are down to attend a meetup and then cannot, you must get a message to your host before the meetup start time. A failure to communicate will mean a penalty charge will be added to your next renewal fee and after three no shows it may mean we simply do not offer you a renewal of your membership next year.
Events are usually based in Liverpool, Manchester, Wigan, Warrington and St Helens and the surrounding areas.
Want to be a member?
Read all about us first and then Click on the JOIN button and complete the online forms.
About this Group: REQUIREMENTS
Your membership: What Details Are Requested
• All members take part in events at their own risk.
• Your privacy is important so we do not take photographs of members at our events.
• We require contact details from all applicants. You will be asked for your full name, postal address, e-mail address and mobile phone number. If your contact information is not given within 7 days of your application then you will be declined.
• You will be made a member when both your application and payment of the annual fee have been completed.
• You must upload and maintain a recognizable, clear head and shoulders photo on the site. It should be of you alone, not in a group and not containing children. The photo enables other members to recognize you so your face must be unobscured ... so no sunglasses or visors please.
• Please do not apply to join the group without a photo of yourself as you will be declined.
• To attend a group meet-up you must have sent your host a ‘YES’ RSVP.
• If you are going to an event then please consider your host and reply/keep up to date with your chosen events.
• As soon as you know that you are unable to attend an event then please always inform your host and also remember to update your RSVP. Please try to give your host at least 24 hours notice of a cancellation.
• Guests may not attend as repeat +1’s. After one event as a +1 the guest can opt to apply to become a member of the group.
Advisory Note on Personal Details and Your Privacy
• Please be aware that the meet-up comments on group events are visible to all members of the group.
• It is also possible to send a private message to an individual member on meet-up.
• The organisers of The Out and About Group strongly advise that you do not publish any of your personal contact details in the comments section of the meet-up platform and suggest you may wish to use meet-up's private message service as an alternative.
Emergency Contact Details - Suggestion:
• In case of an accident/emergency when out on events it is advisable to carry details of people you would wish to be contacted.
• In the contacts section of most phones it is possible to set up your emergency contact numbers under the ICE (In Case of Emergency) category. You may wish to consider this because even if your phone is locked then your selected contacts could be called by someone else in an emergency.