addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Portland Dog-Lovers Meetup Group Message Board › Free beach vacations for your dog(s)!

Free beach vacations for your dog(s)! Just moved to the coast and looking to trade petsitting.

A former member
Post #: 1
Looking for fellow dog lover to provide mutual petsitting. I have two great dogs and live one block from the beach. Just moved here in December and need someone to take care of my dogs when I have to travel occasionally for work. I'm looking for more than just hiring a petsitter who will walk the dogs twice a day. I would like to find a fellow pet lover who also needs their dogs watched when they have to travel and would also like more than a kennel to rely on.
I'm one block from the beach and if your dog(s) would like it they would get daily walks/runs on the beach and two other happy dogs to play with while you're away. I work from home and have two well socialized dogs both around 6 years old.
No need to be on the coast, I'm open to all areas in Oregon.
shannon
user 14504033
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 31
I may be able to help. I have been caring for dogs in my home since 2005, and have over 300 very happy clients who love coming to my large, clean home while their people vacation. I don't use cages, and even let them sleep with me if they sleep with you. I send daily email updates with photos and love to spoil all of my clients with attention and affection. My rates are lower than anywhere and, once dogs have stayed here, their people will go nowhere else.
I am thinking it would be too far for you to bring your dogs to me, but could stay with your dogs when you travel. In exchange for caring for your dogs, we would have a place to stay. It would have to work with my schedule, however. I have some weekends without clients, although can also schedule a weekend if you know in advance. What do you think? :)Shannon
littlepupplaycare@yahoo.com
A former member
Post #: 18
Hi, I also may be able to help, but happen to have begun to get to know Shannon, in the post above, from another meetup group and it sounds like she can offer a really great opportunity. If you need backup, after communicating with Shannon and finding out more about what she can do for you, feel free to contact me, Allison. I am a pet lover and have two golden retrievers who are the love of my life. I would be available to trade pet sitting as I am not in the labor force but I personally would recommend following through with Shannon first, based on what she has described and the little that I know of her, which is my sense that she is a trustworthy and genuine person who enjoys helping other people out and can be quite dedicated or loyal to her endeavors. Sincerely, Allison Suter