addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Shooters club Message Board › Death of the Club

Death of the Club

Mike
Ponzi
San Diego, CA
Post #: 127
Hi All,

So as you can see, Mr.Z has stepped down, and we have 15 days to decide what is going to happen. Are we going to let it go quietly, or are we going to keep thing afloat?

There has been little to no goings on as of late, and I wonder if it's worth the cost ($12 a month) to keep things going. It looks like we have 196 members, with 2 organizers (me being one of them), I have tried in the past to get some shoots together with no real luck, so i am wondering if we can get some folks to step up, and get this club active.

If you are interested (and by that I mean have the time and be willing to take some initiative) post a reply and say so. I'm willing to start doing some shoots at the local ranges, but I will say that if they go like they have in the past (i.e no one shows up) I'll get turned off really quick.

So lets see what happens. T-15 days and counting.

Mike
Mike
Ponzi
San Diego, CA
Post #: 128
Well it looks like we have a new organizer....

Hi Lincoln,

What are your plans for the group?

I would say that 90% of the 197 "shooters" we have are inactive.

I met with a few this past weekend for a reloading seminar, but thats the first meetup in a long while.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Mike
Tim
user 56032462
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Glad it got picked up!
Dan
user 12447622
San Diego, CA
Post #: 13
I am also glad it got picked up. I would like to be more active in this group but with some family health issues as well as work and a small business to run it makes very little time for shooting. Having been "around" for a while I must say I have seen Lincolns name in every shooting forum and local area events. I can't think of anyone who can lead by example better than he. What I lack in event activity I can surely make up in technical advise and knowledge of firearms. I have reloaded for every caliber except .22LR wink I am a bit fond of the .50 and have been reloading for that for many years. I don't mind correspondence with problems that need to be solved. I also hope that I can be much more involved in planning and attending shooting events. Some of my pistols and rifles are VERY lonely and fat from lack of use.
Danny
Weldon
user 39507242
Oceanside, CA
Post #: 1
I work at a local range 6 days a week and I'm not willing to go to a range that is going to place stupid restrictions on how fast I shoot. (One shot per second rules) If I'm going to spend money at a competitor's range I definitely want to be able to shoot like I would in a home defense situation.

If I attend any events away from my range I would expect a little professional courtesy.
A former member
Post #: 3
Weldon,

I have not been to Iron Sites. When is the best time to stop in? Any work days after 5 pm? Are there
any times that you could suggest on the weekends?

Thanks,

Dean