What we're about
Hi, and thanks for your interest in The Sandy Ego Writers Group. We host events for writers of all sorts, and sometimes for those who just like to read!
For writers, the group maintains an online presence at:
You may apply for membership on that site, but you won't be granted membership until you attend one of our meetings in person.
You may join our Meetup group and not the Yahoo! Group if you'd like to attend events other than our weekly critique sessions, but please note that if you do not attend a gathering of any sort over a period of 2-3 months, your membership here on Meetup will be revoked.
Here's a little more about the group:
• TSEWG exists to encourage our members to write, provide feedback on what's been written, and help us improve our craft.
• For writers, the group exists to get works written, polished, and published. If publishing isn't your goal, this group is probably not the one you are looking for. While there’s no pressure to publish, this is our raison d’être.
• We don't do cold readings! Members upload their works to the Yahoo! group above, and our moderator publishes an Artinerary with what we will be critiquing that week. This gives members a chance to provide thoughtful feedback.
• We accept authors who write almost any type of work: fiction, non-fiction, lyrics, plays, musicals, screenplays, poems… However, we do not critique highly political or religious works.
• There is no cost to join the TSEWG, other than to purchase a beverage or snack at the location where we meet.
• Optimal group size is between 8 and 10 members. Above that and there may be too much material to review on a weekly basis, and there may not be enough time for members to provide their verbal critiques during our 2-hour meeting.
That being said, we love new members and the variety of works they bring. If the group is too large at the particular time you stop by, we can put yourname on a waiting list and when someone leaves the group, we can let you know that an opening exists, if you are still interested.
Finally, please note that while a Meetup.com membership is not free, I'm happy to host *no-cost* events for members. I don't mind paying the $15 a month fee, but if you have a dollar or two you can contribute now and then, it makes life that much easier. Just look for the "Chip In" button and make your contribution to the WePay site. If you can't afford to contribute, it's not a problem in the slightest. I just wanted to make you aware that you have the option to chip in, if you so choose.
In closing, let me say that I hope that you’ll stop by and say hi sometime. If you find our group to be what you are looking for, we'd love to have you join us.