Does the idea of "play" intrigue you? Do you wish you could play more instead of just eat-work-sleep-repeat? Or perhaps you feel you need permission to play?
Then join us on a mini play adventure!
Based on the initial findings of my play research, what adults need and want most are: 1) reassurance that play isn't a waste of life AND 2) permission to play.
This fun and interactive workshop has been carefully crafted to give participants the chance to experience how we unblock ourselves and unlock our potential as individuals by acknowledging and embracing our playful selves.
Join me, Portia Tung, Playmaker 001 and Play Coach, to crystallise your definition of play and explore your relationship with play. You'll get to play on the Play Carousel, a mix of exercises, arts and crafts and games to get us thinking and talking about play and having fun!
No mini play adventure is complete without the prospect of change and challenge, so you'll get to take away at least 3 ideas to increase your daily amount of play right away.
Format of the event
• We apply The School of Play's Play Manifesto (https://theschoolofplay.wordpress.com/our-play-manifesto/)
• We will work in groups of 4-5 people
• You choose which activities you take part in
• You don't have to speak in front of the larger group
What will we explore?
• Your personal definition of play
• Your motivations for play
• Your relationship with play
• Your play preferences in terms of Howard Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_multiple_intelligences)
What will you take away?
• A clearer understanding of why play is essential to adult development and not just children
• A greater sense of desire and confidence to play
• An increased sense of self-awareness and empathy for others
• Increased creativity and sharper thinking
• At least 3 ideas specific to your play preferences to increase play in your life
About The School of Play
The School of Play is dedicated to promoting happier adulthood through lifelong play. The school brings together adults who are curious about the concept of play, want to explore ways to play more in our lives and increase our play intelligence in order to achieve more of what we want in life. Find out more at www.theschoolofplay.org.
Your ticket to play
You will need a ticket for admission to this event. Buy your ticket here (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/night-at-the-curiosity-carousel-tickets-26336825153). Play soon!