As our lives become busier and more stressful, we often respond by putting on a mask of seriousness or professionalism that hides our true selves. When we get an opportunity to play it’s like we’re a different person, more free and alive. Our playful authentic selves take centre stage and we experience flow and joy.
Join Play Coach Portia Tung and Dr Paul Field, on a mini play adventure to explore our individual playful selves and discover more opportunities to become more of who you already are through a deeper connection to this essential part of ourselves. During this workshop, you'll explore the Mystery Masquerade, a medley of exercises and arts and crafts designed to get us thinking about our playful authentic selves.
Format of the event
• We apply The School of Play's Play Manifesto (https://theschoolofplay.wordpress.com/our-play-manifesto/)
• You choose which activities you take part in
• You don't have to speak in front of the larger group
What will we explore?
• Your playful self relative to who you usually are
• How present is your playful self in your life today
• Where play could make an important difference to your life and the role your playful self has to play
• Experience the benefits of Clean Language to encourage our playful selves to emerge
What will you take away?
• A deeper connection to your playful self
• A clearer understanding of how play harnesses human potential
• Ideas of more opportunities for using play to benefit you in everyday life
About The School of Play
The School of Play is dedicated to promoting happier adulthood through lifelong play. The school brings together adults who are curious about the concept of play, want to explore ways to play more in our lives and increase our play intelligence in order to achieve more of what we want in life. Find out more atwww.theschoolofplay.org.
About Dr Paul Field
Dr Paul Field has had far too serious a life. After completing his PhD, he spent many years developing complex software and then improving projects worth hundreds of millions of pounds in investment banks. When he realised that the most successful bits involved having fun, playing and bringing out the best in people, he focused on doing that more and is now one of the leaders in the field of Clean coaching and an advocate of the benefits of bringing your unique self to work.
Your ticket to play
You will need a ticket for admission to this event. Buy your ticket here (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/night-at-the-mystery-masquerade-tickets-28272012350). Play soon!