Needs a location
Submissions are now open!
Regular Deadline: August 20, 2019 (Midnight)
The High Concept Screenplay Program welcomes all genres and aims to discover, honor and reward different approaches, eclectic points of view and unique voices in screenwriting. A high concept screenplay:
-has a great premise – the idea is king (e.g. “Big”)
-has a memorable title – it conveys what the movie is about (e.g. “Wedding Crashers”)
-has a visual logline – you can see the movie (e.g. “40 Year Old Virgin”)
-has universal appeal – all demographics “get it” (e.g. “Star Trek”)
-has clear conflicts, high stakes, a hook, a ticking clock and/ or a twist (e.g. “Liar Liar”)
-has a succinct, descriptive “pitch” of 25 words or less (e.g. “Seven, Home Alone”)
Phase One: Two readers will evaluate your script and provide written feedback analyzing structure, story development, characterization, dialogue, format, as well as overall impressions. If recommended by two readers, the script will advance to Phase Two.
Phase Two: Loglines of scripts that receive a double recommend from Phase One will be forwarded to our list of agents, managers and producers.
Please note, our readers will read your full script and you will receive two detailed evaluations from two different readers. (All evaluations will be returned in the middle of January, 2020).
The Scriptwriters Network reserves the right to publicize the writer’s name and selected script.
**As an educational organization, SWN’s Television Outreach Program’s objective is to better assist you in achieving your goals of becoming a better writer by providing positive, constructive detailed feedback/evaluations.
- Loglines and/or Scripts will be eligible to be read by industry professionals including studio executives, production companies, agents and managers based on their request from interest in the logline and genre.
- Receive a one year membership or a one year membership renewal to the Scriptwriters Network (SWN).
- InkTip Script Listing: A listing of your script on InkTip so that producers and reps can find you.
- The top three winners will be selected to meet one-on-one with a Working Writer and/or Producer.
- Final Draft software certificate for one of the top three winners.
Entries occur once per year.
There are NO REFUNDS.
Final results are announced in January 2020.
For more detailed information and to submit scripts, please click on this link: https://scriptwritersnetwork.com/events/high-concept-screenplay-program-hcsp-regular-deadline-august-20-2019-2/