The Seattle Ruby on Rails Developers Meetup Group Message Board › JOB - Front End Web Application Engineer
About the Company:
King of the Web, Inc. is a Seattle-based entertainment company adding a new twist to social games. King of the Web employees hail from companies like Microsoft, MTV, aQuantive, Expedia and Zillow. Our employees love online entertainment, and we're particularly passionate about gaming and social media. We are motivated by success and not big org structures. What’s it like to work for us? We’re kind of wacky. We doodle. We brainstorm. We argue. We make fun of ourselves. We make fun of each other. We like to be charitable, and we like crowning people King of the Web.
About the Job: Front-End Web Application Engineer
Location: Capitol Hill, Seattle WA
Employment Type: Full-time
Compensation: Competitive FTE salary with early stage equity
We need people that are smart, creative, funny and technology driven. Be amused. Be moved. Help shape the way people play online. We are looking for a Front-End Web Application Engineer
with a track record and passion for developing pixel perfect implementations that are slick, polished and highly responsive.
This position will work with our world class team to develop and review specs and requirements from both internal and external sources. You will develop core rich media web application framework to support “episodic” experiences that mix editorial rich content with user contributed content.
- Experience using modern jQuery, AJAX libraries like Dojo, Django, lazslo, Closure and Ruby/Python/C/C++/Apache/Linux server side technologies
- 3+ years building and designing web applications with live reviewable examples
- A strong understanding of user recruitment, capture, activity and optimal web flows for subscription, registration, payment, search and browsing activities
- An advanced degree in computer science or related discipline is required.
- Experience with best practices for cutting up and styling layouts - bonus points for CSS3 and AJAX experience
- Ability to accurately translate even minute details of a design to code that work in all major browsers and major platforms. Having excellent design skills is a bonus
-Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work on multiple related projects simultaneously
- Implement designs from Photoshop/HTMLS/Spec into high quality HTML/CSS/jscript at warp speed upon existing templates or from scratch, when necessary
- Fulfill requests from product management, support and through direct feedback regarding bugs, experience enhancement, additional features and follow on episode planning
- Producing clean, unit tested, high quality, standard compliant code, and generating clean requirements for scalable RESTFUL API/back end SQL and Cloud based object and database systems
Benefits and Perks:
* Our jobs are really fun. Seriously.
* King of the Web stock options aren’t worth anything yet but have the potential to make you really rich someday.
* We have very few office supplies and zero free soft drinks.
* BUT we don’t work crazy hours and we get to enjoy time with our families as much as we enjoy watching viral videos.
How to Apply:
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job.
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests
* No sponsorship available
* If interested, send us a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.