addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Victoria Science Fiction and Fantasy Meetup Message Board › Scheduling our first meetup

Scheduling our first meetup

rainbow
rainb0w
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Hello, everyone. I apologize for neglecting the group so soon after creating it. I do want to schedule a meetup, and I asked what days and locations are convenient for people. I have two people available Mondays, one person not available Mondays, one person available Thursdays, and one person available Wednesday and Fridays. Personally I'm available weekdays but limited in my availability on weekends, but that may reverse depending on my work schedule.

Two members prefer meeting on the West Shore. I am fine with travelling to the West Shore during the day but not as much during the evening. However, I will go with majority rules.

I'd like to have our first meeting sometime in the next week or two. I want to find the day and place that is best for everyone, so please let me know if we can compromise to somewhere between downtown Victoria and the West Shore, and whether there is a day that the majority of people are available.

Rainbow, meetup organizer
Patrick B
user 10666343
Victoria, BC
Post #: 4
Huh, mailing list doesn't seem to work [at least not via email]. Anyway...

On Fri, 24 May 2013 01:06:53 -0400
rainbow wrote:

> Hello, everyone. I apologize for neglecting the group so soon after creating it. I do want to schedule a meetup, and I asked what days and locations are convenient for people. I have two people available Mondays, one person not available Mondays, one person available Thursdays, and one person available Wednesday and Fridays. Personally I'm available weekdays but limited in my availability on weekends, but that may reverse depending on my work schedule.

My own schedule is subject to change on short notice -- but
hardly ever on *no* notice, so at least there's that. Generally,
weekdays until 9:00 PM or so work for me, and Thu/Fri are almost
completely clear. Weekends are nearly impossible for me...
Okay, maybe the odd Saturday.

What about setting it by date, once or twice a month, rather
than day of the week? Except of course when that date conflicts
with your own schedule. Then sooner or later, everyone would
have a chance.

Basically, what I'm saying is that no single date/day of the week
will suit everyone, so why not go for something more erratic, and
please everyone *eventually*?

>
> Two members prefer meeting on the West Shore.

A little out of my range, especially if I have to work that
night, but sure, why not schedule some over there too?

> I am fine with travelling to the West Shore during the day but not as much during the evening. However, I will go with majority rules.
>
> I'd like to have our first meeting sometime in the next week or two. I want to find the day and place that is best for everyone, so please let me know if we can compromise to somewhere between downtown Victoria and the West Shore, and whether there is a day that the majority of people are available.

The week ahead will consist of work, sleep, and very little else
for me, so I'm hoping for something two weeks ahead -- and hoping
for a slow week to follow this one. Won't know 'til my supervisor
posts another schedule.

Hope to see you soon though. :-)

>
> Rainbow, meetup organizer

Patrick, general purpose weirdo.