addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The WNY Alternative Health Meetup Group Message Board › Health Reform - your point of view

Health Reform - your point of view

A former member
Post #: 17
Hi, All!

I agree, US need the Health Reform... it's long overdue.
But, I am not sure if it going the right direction...
It should be more of Health Management not Sickness Management..

Also, I believe it should be "Single Payer'... not Public option...
as far, as I understand, - it will increase the cost - not lower...

Since, it will effect all of us - I was wondering, What you guys thinking of it?

Nadia
Rob
user 4216351
Group Organizer
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 98
Everytime government gets involved in anything the price goes up, or at the very least never goes down. HMO's of course were started by the government (Think it was one of the Kennedy's), and look how that turned out. The argument has always been that the equipment price is much more. If that's so, why to procedures like laser eye surgery and breast augmentation keep going down in price? They do because of advances in technology, the same reason a computer today, though vastly superior to those 10 years ago, actually costs less without even adjusting for inflation (which is massive btw). If government left the medical field alone, prices would plummet and insurance would be nearly unneeded.
A former member
Post #: 6
I agree with the Health management (preventative medicine) as apposed to Sickness management, this would keep the cost of healthcare down.
I also believe that the insurance companies should not have as much control over healthcare in treating it more of a business than helping patients. The Doctors should be the ones determining what the patients' needs are NOT the insurance companies. Who's policeing them??