addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Mike F
user 72591542
Aarau, CH
Hi everyone, this is Mike here.
I've been talking with several people in the group about how to possibly improve things. One being the location. We've had a hard time finding a good location through this past year. We even had that one week where we were scrambling around location-less :(

The two solid locations we had earlier in this year were Stall 6 and El Lokal. These places were OK but didn't really feel very accommodating us (poor lighting, sometimes noisy, events that would forces us somewhere else.) We recently came upon two other locations that, while not as easily accessible from the main station, have been much more friendly to us and have better accommodations for us. These being the Fork & Bottle and In der Ey.

I now have a bit more say in how the group is organized and how we do things but I would like to make sure that whatever I decide works well for the majority of the group. I put together a little survey to see what works better for everyone in terms of location, time and other areas where we could improve.

I have recognized as well that there are two very distinct groups forming among us. Some people come to have a good time and get to know new people and the more hardcore gamers who come typically more for the games. I have typically fallen into the latter group but I really don't want to alienate people of the other group. It has been a real struggle for me to play at a table and not think of whether there is someone not having a good time because there are not enough games/space. If anyone has an idea of how we can improve this, please let me know.

Another are I would like to address is proposing a game before game night and reserving spaces. Some people like to propose games on the comments of the night in advance and I think that's a great idea and working great until now. I would only like to make sure that if you do so, please try to make it that evening so that the people interested are not left with nothing to do. In the future I would also like to propose additionally saying how many players can play that game and anyone interested can answer and count themselves off (ex. Player 1/5 for Ticket to Ride).

In addition to this, please try, if possible, to check out the rules for the proposed game before arriving. There are several resources online and watching a video rules explanation is as easy as typing the name of the game + rules on Youtube. You can also find downloadable rules for many games by doing a similar search on google. I'm not saying this is a requirement but it definitely helps avoiding a lengthy rules explanation, especially for more involved complicated games.

Another topic that I'll just briefly cover is about the possibility for food. Some locations may be able to provide a special snack menu or something if we could work out some kind of flat rate payment. I know Daniel (the original creator of this group) wanted to avoid asking for group membership fees or donation but I think we can work something out for those interested. I'll try to work out what our options are and see what people think of that.
Mike F
user 72591542
Aarau, CH
Post #: 1
I forgot to mention, the location for this coming evening (19.1.14) will be determined by the survey. Be sure to take part.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Mike you and Ahoo,
Are doing a great job! and these two posts really show your dedication.

Thank you!

Cheers,
José
P.S.: Poll answered.