**update: we have enough lamb for everyone signed up by Tuesday 11th at 11am (first 35). For everyone else you are all still very welcome of course, but please bring your own food to grill yourself***
Ever had the feeling that things are coming at you from both ends?
To give you succour as the days grow shorter, your hares - Climbidia and Papacacca - once again offer you schadenfreude.
This Hash will culminate in a celebratory feast of spit-roasted lamb.
- If you are not interested in munching on an adolescent farm animal, the usual charge applies: 5 CHF for beer and snacks.
- If you would like juicy, tender, roast lamb, with a couple of sides: you will pay an extra 10 CHF (that's a total of 15 CHF for those who don't have a calculator).
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE SHEEP WHEN YOU REPLY. WE ESTIMATE WE CAN CATER FOR ABOUT 35 PEOPLE (THE LAMB HAS TO BE ORDERED A WEEK AHEAD & COLLECTED FROM GERMANY), SO IF THIS NUMBER HAS ALREADY REGISTERED WE CAN’T GUARANTEE SHEEP AND YOU SHOULD BRING YOUR OWN FOOD (MEAT TO GRILL/SIDES).
Climbidia & Papacacca have assembled an all-star spit roasting crew: Spit Meister is Just Joe; Marinade Meister is Stogy Gibberish; and, Slippery Digit will, as always, provide juice from his endless supplies. Bringers of sides will be named in circle.
The venue - Robinsonspielplatz - is a playground near Witikon. There are toilets nearby and bag drop will be sheltered and watched over by the spit roast crew. Trail may have shiggy, but buggy-friendly workarounds will be easy to find.
Meet at 1:45pm to start at 2:00pm.
First time? Here's what you need to know:
• The aim of the hash is to find the beer stop at the end and have fun.
• "True" trail is typically 6-8km on a Thursday and 8-12 km on a weekend hash.
• The pace within the group varies from walker-joggers to sub 3 hour marathon nuts, but everyone is equal on the hash & all are welcome.
• The "hare" cleverly lays the trail so that everyone stays together to chat and have fun during the run and arrive at the beer at the same time.
• Fast runners search for trail while slow joggers catch-up. You decide your pace.
• The slowest runners will run the "true" trail distance of 6-8 km on a Thursday and 8-12 on a weekend hash.
• The faster runners may run 8-12km on a Thursday and 10-16 km on a weekend hash and run non-stop if they want.
• If you are a walker you will be dedicated to the cause, ignore trail and take the shortest route possible to get to the beer.
• There is always a place to deposit your bag and often a place to change.
• There is a charge of CHF 5 for participating (and includes beer and snacks).
• If you like fun, drinking and doing something a bit different you will probably enjoy hashing. Humourless people need not apply.
For more about Zürich Hash House Harriers, check out www.zh3.ch ( http://www.zh3.ch/ )
Want to know more about the origins of hashing? follow this link ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers )