Location visible to members
Join us for the annual Thanksgiving Hash! Show up ready to run and after dinner be prepared to roll yourself home.
First we will start with a lovely trail hared by the lovely Cavity Search and her trusty and clever cohare Thirsty Thursday. There will be circle to discuss and reminisce about all of the exciting happenings on trail. Don't eat too many snacks....
...because we will then move on to Thanksgiving dinner! Turkey, stuffing, cranberries still in tin form, wine, beer, pumpkin pie- we will have it all!!**
How do you sign up for this traditional feast you ask? Please sign up here on meetup AND fill in the form https://goo.gl/forms/y8Cwm56K3Ce5HsJF3 , and transfer your funds. Your registration is only complete when it is paid.
The cost will be 25chf for adults and 10chf for children.
Zurich Hash House Harriers
Migros Bank AG, 8010 Zürich
IBAN: CH[masked] 9117 9
Account holder: Zürich Hash House Harriers
Address: Schaffhauserstrasse 35, 8006 Zürich
Memo: ZH3 Thanksgiving 2018
There will be the normal 5chf charge for the run and circle on the day of the hash.
SIGN UP WILL CLOSE ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT!!! We have turkeys to purchase and roast, food to organize, and we need to know numbers in order to do that properly. Sign up before midnight of November 16th. There are 70 spots available. (Edit- many many less places now available) Sign up now and make sure your butt is in one of those seats eating some very delicious food!
Please show up at 1:45pm to start trail at 2:00pm.
**We will provide the basics and hope you may feel compelled to bring one of your favorite Thanksgiving side dishes or desserts (or perhaps your take on what one should be?) Please fill in the form with what you'd like to bring and Sticky Fingers will be in contact to confirm (so we don't wind up with all the stuffing and no sweet potatoes or some other such tragedy). The first twenty approved dishes will receive a 5chf rebate as they drop off their dish on hash turkey day. (Edit- These spots are now filled)
Feeling the need to be more helpful? Want a reason not to drink too much? We are looking for (edit) ONE MORE person to help with clean up. Putting tables away, sweeping floors, making sure the kitchen is back in good shape. You don't have to do all the work, but you need to make sure it gets done. These three awesome people will get their registration fee back in full (all 25chf) after they complete their task. Talk to Sticky if you are interested!
First time? Here's what you need to know:
• The aim of the hash is to find the beer stop at the end and have fun.
• "True" trail is typically 6-7km.
• The pace within the group varies from dead-slow movers (we call them DFLs) to over-achieving fast runners (we call them FRBs)
• The "hare" cleverly lays the trail so that everyone reaches the end at the same time.
• If you are a slow runner, you will clock around 7kms.
• If you are a quick runner you will clock around 10kms.
• If you are a walker you will be dedicated to the cause, ignore trail and take the shortest route possible to get to the beer.
• There is always a place to deposit your bag and often a place to change.
• There is a charge of CHF5 for participating (and includes beer and snacks).
• If you like fun, drinking and doing something a bit different you will probably enjoy hashing. Humourless people need not apply.
For more about Zürich Hash House Harriers, check out http://www.zh3.ch ( http://www.zh3.ch/ )
Want to know more about the origins of hashing? follow this link ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers )