addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Zurich Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Documentary on conflict photographer Tim Hetherington

Documentary on conflict photographer Tim Hetherington

Luciano
user 8741304
Zürich, CH
Hello everyone,

I would like to share a link with you. It's a link to a documentary broadcast few days ago by HBO and it tells the story of Tim Hetherington. Tim was a photo-journalist and video maker who died in Libya in 2011, when he was hit by a mortar shell in Misurata. He was best known for the documentary film Restrepo (2010), which he co-directed with Sebastian Junger; the film was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature in 2011.

He was above all an amazing photographer, who used photography to understand human nature. He didn't care so much about being a photographer or a video-artist. The people presented in his images were more important to him than any considerations of craft.

If you want to read more about Tim, you can start from this article.

Anyway, here is the link to the documentary "Which Way Is The Front Line From Here? The Life and Time of Tim Hetherington". You can watch it on line or download it on your computer.

http://d.pr/t6CC­

I hope you'll enjoy it as I did.

/Luciano
Janine
Janineh
Zürich, CH
Post #: 9
hi luciano, just listened to an interview with sebastian junger on freshair on npr.org.
greetings from nice,

janine