ABNG has a RSVP policy as follows:
- If you RSVP that you are attending, please show up.
- If you don't RSVP, please don't show up.
- If you must change your RSVP, please do so with at least 24 hours advanced notice (and do it through meetup so your space opens up).
- If you are on the waitlist and you schedule something else for the time of the meeting, take yourself off of the waitlist. You don't want to get bumped to attending and then be a no-show.
- If you are a first timer (meaning attending any ABNG meeting) then you simply need to reach out to the host and ask to attend regardless of space in the meeting. You can also RSVP
The rule is that if you get three marks against you (no-shows or showing up without being on the RSVP) within a 3 month period, you will be asked to not show up again for 6 months. If you are asked a second time, you will be removed from the group.
Exceptions to number 2...if there are still spaces available and the RSVP system has closed, you can contact the host and ask to attend. 99.9999% of the time, the host will not deny you attending.
Exceptions to number 3...if an issue comes up, as it does in life, please contact the host and let them know why you are changing your RSVP with such short notice. The host can use their discretion to mark you as a no-show regardless.
And, as with anything in life, if you have questions, please ask.