addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Alaska Mountaineers Message Board › Trek Minya Konka in Sichuan, China

Trek Minya Konka in Sichuan, China

Mary K.
MaryInAlaska
Soldotna, AK
Post #: 1
I am trying to get a group of 6 people together for a trek near Chengdu, Sichuan, China. The trip is organized by Gyalthang EcoTravel in Shangri La, Yunnan, China. I began trekking with this travel agent in 2007 and have done 3 major treks with them in Tibetan regions. This trek will involve a visit to the panda sanctuary in Chengdu and then a day’s drive to the trailhead. This will be a 12 day trek at elevations above 10,000ft and will be horse (or yak) supported. The trek follows the western slopes of Mt Minya Konkka, once thought to be taller than Everest. Hanging glaciers, Tibetan nomads and pilgrims, and a very old monastery will be experienced along the way. The entire journey in China (excluding international travel) is 23 days. It should be a wonderful journey and I really would like to find people to journey with me. I can provide a travel brochure and detailed itinerary to anyone interested. I am not a travel agent, just someone looking to afford a trek to a remote mountain that has been closed to western travel for many years…this is the first year in a long time that that western travel will be allowed. Contact me if you have interest!!