1. Our group is open to all levels of experience, from experts to dabblers and newbies.
2. We organize game and other events in a variety of formats. Come to the one you like and find some new favorites too!
We play modern (published in last 2 decades roughly) non-abstract strategy games.
We include gateway strategy games/euro games, cooperation games and medium to heavier games, social deduction games, however, our focus is games require logical thinking and tactics.
- If you have played only monopoly, risk, or clue, those are classic games and we do not play them but we can teach newer games (mostly published in 21st century).
- We do not mean to exclude any games but the group is not for party games, and also not for abstract games or playing card games (we don't play chess, poker, jenga, cards against humanities).
3. We host our own events and join other relevant events hosted by other groups possibly.
4. We work with other groups to foster an attitude of cooperation and collaboration. (Competitions and conflicts are only for games!)
5. We support local and independent artists, game developers, entrepreneurs in the community. However, we are not an advertising platform for your product or business. Please do not use our group for sales, marketing, promotion, announcement, mailing list in a broad sense. Such events/messages and people who post them will be removed from the group at organizers' discretion. Please do not argue "technically", please think conscientiously. (e.g. If you try to announce your game is on Kickstarter to get fund, and you think it's not promotion because game design is your hobby not work, that's not a valid excuse. Or, if you are bar owner who suggests game night at your bar, we'd consider you join to sell your own busuness to us even if you like games.)
<br>Venue selection - The group is not affiliated to any business. The organizers/event hosts do not make any profit/commission from the events. However, we like to support game designated venues. Public open spaces are options. If someone is willing to host events at own home, that's ok, but please consider safety carefully since the group has large number of people and anyone can see address/phone if posted. We tend not to choose bars/coffee shops for our events because most strategy games require table space and good lighting.
6. We are open to suggestions if subjects are relevant.
7. Group is open to all ages, genders, personal statuses, as well as to all levels of interest. Most events are open to all; however, it is possible that some events, by nature, are intended for specific attendees (such as game tournament). While we cannot make every event for everyone, we try to organize a variety of events to provide a widely inclusive experience and opportunities for attendees to meet people with similar interests.