What we're about
WAIT! WAIT! Don't go anywhere! Read on... We've got almost 600 musicians involved in orchestral and chamber music activities of all kinds, you just won't find them here! We're no longer handling memberships through Meetup, please read on first, then e-mail Info@DCCOS1.org if you'd like to join us, or one of our affiliate Meetups described below. PLEASE READ fully before requesting membership...
The DCCO is a 75 piece non-professional symphony orchestra performing high quality concerts at venues in Washington, DC. For the 2018-19 season, DCCO will be giving four performances
- Two full orchestra concerts at Church of the Epiphany, a premier venue
- One chamber orchestra concert at St. Stephen's (Columbia Heights)
- One “Summer in the Parks” pops-style concert, location TBD
There is NO fee to join this group. Membership is open to musicians at the intermediate proficiency level or above, who wish to audition for the orchestra or to participate in our occasional open rehearsals.
With regrets, we are not accepting new requests for auditions or open rehearsal guest spots for FLUTISTS. Our flute section and flute substitute list is full, full, full. Thank you.
Membership in the Meetup offers the following
- Opportunities to participate in open rehearsals - two per year, one each in Sep/Oct and Jan/Feb (FREE)
- Opportunities to audition for DCCO.
- Opportunities to perform in DCCO concerts (Admission by audition only. Musicians accepted for concert performances pay $70 seasonal orchestra dues.)
- Coming Soon: Access to IMSLP scores and parts without the wait (for orchestra dues paying members).
- Additionally, members receive deeply discounted ticket offers to concerts of the New Orchestra of Washington, our collaborative partner with DC Chamber Musicians.
To learn more about the DC Concert Orchestra, please read the Members' Handbook at https://dccos-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/bob_dccos_onmicrosoft_com/EdACZ0G8OddBlMzpjlRA-X4BXHjAX1cYku5B6djHK0hwdw?e=c9FQVU
If you are interested in chamber music and collaborative play opportunities, please visit
• The Classical Musicians of Metro DC Meetup (CM-MDC (http://www.meetup.com/CD-MDC)) – open to musicians at ALL skill levels above beginner, a more casual and informal group, and
• DC Chamber Music Musicians (DCCM (http://www.meetup.com/TheDCCM)) – open to musicians at the intermediate and above skill levels, for musicians who take their chamber music a bit more seriously, and would like coaching and public performance opportunities.
We look forward to seeing and hearing you soon!
The DC Concert Orchestra (DCCO), the Classical Musicians of Metro DC Meetup Group (CMMDC), and DC Chamber Music Musicians (DCCM) are sponsored by the DC Concert Orchestra Society (DCCOS), a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit corporation based in Washington, DC. Membership fees (if any) and donations are fully tax deductible to the maximum extent permitted by law. No services or benefits are provided in return for membership fees or donations.
If you'd like to make a donation to the DC Concert Orchestra Society, please do so at http://dcconcertorchestra.org/contributions.php