2 to 3:30PM Every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the Month
Elle Shlaes, MS, CCC
This group is here to help normal adults who have some memory difficulties that arise in daily life.
- Receiving valuable information and participating in activities that will significantly increase short-term and long-term memory function.
- Learn stimulating and enjoyable mind activities that will allow you to adequately create links to recall, word retrieval and listening skills. I.e. coding of items and visual imaging are techniques that will be utilized to aid the mind in memory process.
- Comfort and feeling at home among others as you hear their experiences of similar types of memory issues.
Suggested Donation: $15 at the Door
Questions to Elle at 310 * 562 * 8309 or ellejora [@] earthlink [.] net ([masked])
Elle Shlaes, MS, CCC has a Masters Degree in Speech and Language Therapy. She has been working in her field for 18 years and specializes in memory therapy. She is a Certified, Licensed Speech and Language Pathologist/Therapist here at The GATEWAY Portal offering assessments and management of communication impairments. More can be read about her at http://thegatewayportal.com/speech_language.html .
Location: Map to The GATEWAY Portal (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=2507+S+Barrington+Ave&city=Los+Angeles&state=CA&zipcode=90064)
The GATEWAY / a Portal for Growth & Wellness 310 * 479 *[masked] S. Barrington Ave, Suite 100 (2nd Fl @ NW intersection with Gateway Blvd, by elevator or stairs)
West LA, CA 90064
Free Parking in attached lot directly behind building first come first serve. When/if full, ample free surrounding street parking.
Housekeeping Notes from Host Location, The GATEWAY:
* Thank you for honoring No Food or Eating or Drinks other than water in containers with lids inside the offices or workshop space of The GATEWAY.
* Cell phones silenced as you enter The GATEWAY Quiet Zones please. Thank you.
* The GATEWAY Portal practices and asks you, its attendees to join us in upholding a no perfume policy as possible. We also practice and ask all to adhere to a no candle and no incense burning policy for those sensitive to synthetic smells as well as for lessening our harmful carbon footprint impact on the environment. Please note that practitioners are permitted to burn a naturally sun dried herb called sage to clean the space energetically. & lastly where candles are part of a sacred ritual, safe, non-scented candles are permitted to be burned upon expressed consent by GATEWAY's operating director. If you have any further questions on this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
* Also, in as much as we LOVE animals outside humans, no animals other than humans are permitted inside The GATEWAY. Blessedly this does not eliminate our Practitioners here at GATEWAY from being able to do work on them, as often they work remotely and/or with photos or props. We thank the universe for Quantum on that. Where necessary, the Practitioner may set up chairs and a portable divider to makeshift a little private area outside near our patio to do hands on work with animals. Thank you so much for your understanding and co-operation.
Also feel free to check out the whole of GATEWAY's upcoming calendar at http://www.meetup.com/TheGATEWAYPortal/events/ (http://www.meetup.com/TheGATEWAYPortal/calendar/)
Our official website is http://thegatewayportal.com/
If not already on our mailing list, email heart-to-heart [@] thegatewayportal [.] com ([masked]) indicating you'd like to be added.
Thank you for your interest in this venue. Please visit us often, as we love your company
as inspired, feel free to spread the word with anyone you know that we may also serve.