For our first meetup, we're taking it straight to the 'hood. What's going on these days with local news?
- Hoodline - SF's neighborhood news app - Eric Eldon (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericeldon)
- The Bold Italic - Yes, they're back! - Sunil Rajamaran (http://www.thebolditalic.com/users/sunilrajaraman)
- SF Chronicle - 150 years of reinventing local - Jess McCuan (http://www.sfchronicle.com/author/jess-mccuan/)
- SF Public Press - Innovating public media online and in print - Lila LaHood (http://sfpublicpress.org/members/lila-lahood)
Join us for honest and entertaining stories from the trenches:
- Challenges local news faces in the age of platform distribution
- What makes SF journalism unique
- The new business model of local news, what works/doesn't
- Where does local news fit in with global/social/viral distribution?
- Let's talk local news data, whatcha got?
Have a speaker or topic you'd like to suggest on the local news? Shoot us a note!
6:00pm - Chit-chat and REAL DRINKS and FOOD (yess!)
6:30pm - "Show and Tell" on a special project each panelist is working on and what they're excited about next
7:00pm - Panel discussion on local news
8:00pm - Done! Network and hangout over more drinks
Food and Drink: Jersey Pizza (sooo good!) and drinks provided by local Sponsors - SayBubble (https://saybubble.com/) (bubble up local stories) and TownSquared (https://townsquared.com/) (connect with your neighborhood community).