Everything you ever wanted to know about Podcasts! For our next edition of The New News, we'll dive into the wonderful world of podcasts, something near and dear to commuters everywhere.
6:30pm-7:30pm: speaker show & tell, panel discussion, audience Q&A
7:30pm-8pm: networking afterwards
Our speakers include:
Sara Sarasohn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/sara-sarasohn-3206408): Managing Director, NPR One (http://www.npr.org/about/products/npr-one/)
"I am the place where human curation meets machine learning in NPR One."
Mary Jo Madda (https://www.linkedin.com/in/mary-jo-madda-8547137) : Senior Editor at EdSurge (https://www.edsurge.com/news/community/edsurge-podcast),
"Doing whatever I can to give the education community--especially educators and students--a voice in the edtech industry."
Fun fact: Named Forbes 30 Under 30: Education list in 2016.
Kent Lindstrom (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kentlindstrom): COO at Nuzzel and Something Ventured (http://somethingventured.libsyn.com):
"Can hipsters stomach the unpalatable truth about avocado toast?"
Fun fact: As CEO, led turnaround for Friendster to become the #1 social network in Asia.
Sarah Jackson (https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarahkellnerjackson): Producer at Spec Network (http://spec.fm/).
Fun Fact: She taught herself to juggle.
Some topics we'd like to cover:
- The nuts and bolts of setting up a podcast series. Tips on recording, production, and hosting.
- What were the pros/cons and the considerations behind creating an ongoing podcast?
- What metrics matter most and what impact has podcasting had on your overall audience footprint?
- Monetization: advertising and other roads to revenue
- The future of podcasts: Alexa now distributes audio briefings, what other distribution opportunities do you see?
Awesome food & beers provided by our hosts at SmartNews (http://www.smartnews.com). (Additional sponsors TBD)