We have consistently had 15-20+ people at our meetup on Monday, and only 5-10 people RSVP. I am asking that people please try to RSVP so people checking out our meetup page know it is a large and active group.
Our weekly Meet Up will take place at Scotty's Steakhouse and Comedy Cove in Springfield, just a bit off of exit 9B on Route 24! The address is 595 Morris Ave, Springfield.
There is a world of gaming outside of the traditional Monopoly, Scrabble, Risk, etc. Whether you're looking for something new and different, or you're a seasoned gamer, you'll find a friendly and welcoming bunch of friends to game with. Be adventurous , come learn some new games, or play your favorites!
We begin gathering around 6:00 pm and are fully underway by 7pm. If you plan to eat, please arrive closer to 6pm so you can order food and eat before the gaming starts. The tables can be small, and the games can be big.
Because the event takes place at a restaurant that serves alcohol, there are strict rules against gambling of any form. Since they are letting us use the space for free, they expect that we will order food and drink, so there are some rules:
1. No outside food or drink, not even bottled water.
2. Please plan on ordering food and/or drinks. Support the venue.
3. Tip the waitstaff generously. 15% is standard, but 20% is even better. We want them to love having us there, and in this case, money does buy you love.
4. All attendees must be 18 or older.
5. If you plan on attending regularly, please consider a small contribution to cover The Tipsy Meeple's costs for using Meetup.
We bring some of our games, but feel free to bring your favorites, or learn one of ours! And don't be shy about learning new games, we are more than willing to teach a new player! Can't wait to see you there.