Holiday Caroling, Patriotism, Appreciation of Service, and we have FUN!
Here's a chance to give back to our troops that need it the most, by caroling at the VA hospital!
VA Hospital, Core Bldg #334 (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=795+Willow+Rd%2C+Core+Bldg+334%2C+Menlo+Park%2C+CA) 795 Willow Rd, Core Bldg 334, Menlo Park,
Come on everybody to the VA HOSPITAL in MENLO PARK, at 8:30 AM on Christmas Day.
Please be on time so we can quickly complete orientation and setup complete and get to the caroling.
We WILL have an Ice Breaker exercise ready to pass the grouping-up time!
Together with other volunteer groups, and the VA Menlo Park Recreation (http://www.meetup.com/NYPHHSaF/events/95371042/) Therapy Staff, we will meander through the hospital singing carols, giving little presents (already provided), and some merriment to the lives of the veterans living there.
It’s tons of fun for us. However, it is giant metric tons of fun for the vets here.
• DRESS: Holiday comfortable
• COST: Free, my favorite four letter word
• BRING: You-- NEED NOT bring anything
• REALLY BRING: Friends, associates, family and more people for the fun!
HOWEVER, you are welcome to bring finger foods or snacks to share with the volunteers in the morning.
DIRECTIONS: Meet AT BUILDING 334 at the VA HOSPITAL at 795 WILLOW RD, in MENLO PARK, just WEST OF THE 101 Freeway.
1. From Freeway 101, go west on Willow Road.
2. At the Hospital, continue (http://www.meetup.com/NYPHHSaF/events/95371042/) through first stop sign to the “T”. Turn left.
3. Building 334, (the Core Building), is on your left.
4. Follow the building to the end and parking lot in on the right.
5. We will be in the back of the building near the gym and bowling alley.
PLEASE FOLLOW all traffic signs (http://www.meetup.com/NYPHHSaF/events/95371042/) while on VA property. You can get a ticket!
Contact: GARRY CHENEY AT 408-332-8100 OR email@example.com BACK UP:
Secondary Contact: VA STAFF ALISA KRINSKY’S CELL NUMBER IS 650-924-3257
LET THE PARTY BEGIN!