We are very happy to invite you to our June & last of the season Meetup with a 'special' functional talk.
Our very own Kostas Georgiadis(https://www.linkedin.com/in/kongeor/) will talk to us about:
'Stories from developing a small lisp on the jvm'
In this half hour presentation we will see some interesting aspects
of developing a small lisp that can run on the jvm.
The aim is to have a more entertaining experience than a deep technical
run through, with topics including:
- why implementing a lisp is fun
- implementing lexical scoping and getting it wrong
- implementing a reader(parser) and getting it wrong
- debugging performance issues
- what other PLs look like in some cases
- implementing a lisp interpreter inside a lisp interpreter inside a lisp inter...
19:00 - 19:15 : Arrival - Socializing
19:15 - 20:00 : Stories from developing a small lisp on the jvm
20:00 - 21:00 : Pizzas / Beers / Socializing
As always the event is free of charge. Just bring your best mood and enjoy :)
See you all