addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Things Japanese Message Board › Happy Birthday, Louis, and a Plan to Have Regular Weekly Study/Conversation

Happy Birthday, Louis, and a Plan to Have Regular Weekly Study/Conversation Meetings

Sally
user 4742768
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a few things:

1. I took the attached photos of two cats sitting peacefully on a sakura tree branch at Ueno park. They were so cute!))

2. Tonight there's a meetup at Benihana organized by Louis, Event Organizer, and it's his birthday today. Happy Birthday, Louis! Thank you very much for always hosting events for this group.

3. Last Saturday's meetup at Manga Mura was very nice, but sadly the store will be closed this week on May 4th and they're having a closeout sale.

4. Doya Doya's okonomiyaki was really tasty and it became my new favorite place for okonomiyaki. Thank you, Rie, Michael and Chiyochan Bbqwtf, for coming. We had a good time!

5. I'm thinking of starting regular weekly meetings like other groups so that members know certain days of the week there's always a meetup somewhere they can go to to meet other members and study together or have conversation practice with native speakers. At this moment I'm thinking of either Tuesday or Thursday night at different areas (we'll rotate... yes, I'm planning to cover the whole LA area with the help of members in each area so that I don't need to travel all the time)  Would you be interested?  Please let me know your preference regarding 1) day(s) of the week 2) time 3) location.  Thank you.

Have a great week!

Sally