To Tell a Tale Writers' Group is a mutual-support group for people who want to improve their writing skills. On the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month we get together to critique one or more works by our members.
Our members will point out what's lovely/dramatic/funny/skillful in your writing - and what they feel could use some improvement, and why.
So, if you like to write & live in Central MA, and are emotionally ready for your work to be critiqued, please feel free to join us.
1) Do not share our Google Shared drive URL with anyone outside our writers’ group
2) The stories, essays, chapters, poetry, etc., that are shared to that drive and/or presented at group meetings are the intellectual property of their author and may not be copied or forwarded without the author’s permission.
3) One print copy may be made to enable critiquing in writing, and that copy must be handed over to the author during the meeting where the material is critiqued.
4) Critiquing may be both positive and negative – but be kind. You can say “this does not work for me” or “I think this can be improved”, but don’t say “this is terrible” because that’s not constructive.
5) Be honest.
6) When posting: 10 pages or fewer, double-spaced, paginated.
For writers looking to improve their craft and are emotionally ready to be critiqued.
Member: please come prepared with thoughtful and comprehensive critiques.
First-timers must send me their email address in order to receive the online-meeting link.