addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

AWESOME things Denver. I'm young, I'm social. I'm in Denver! Message Board › National Opt Out Day: Denver Says No to Full Body Scanners and Pat-Downs

National Opt Out Day: Denver Says No to Full Body Scanners and Pat-Downs

A former member
Post #: 5
This could be fun and important too. I love traveling.

This Wednesday, November 24 for National Opt Out Day, there will be a Denver Says No to Full Body Scanners and Pat-Downs
In front of the Capitol in Denver from noon to 1:30pm.

"the dose to the skin may be dangerously high. The X-ray dose from these devices has often been compared...exposure inherent to airplane travel or that of a chest X-ray. However, this comparison is very misleading..." -Excerpts from letter written to White House from Dr. John Sedat, Profesor Emeritus in Biochemistry and Biochemistry at University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), his experitise is in imaging and Dr. Marc Shuman "internationally well known and respected cancer expert" and Dr. David Agard and Dr. Robert Shroud both "are UCSF Professors X-ray crystallographers, imaging experts.

"A leading Israeli airport security expert says the Canadian government has wasted millions of dollars to install "useless" imaging machines at airports across the country. "I don't know why everybody is running to buy these expensive and useless machines. I can overcome the body scanners with enough explosives to bring down a Boeing 747," Rafi Sela told parliamentarians probing the state of aviation safety in Canada. "That's why we haven't put them in our airport," Sela said, referring to Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion International Airport, which has some of the toughest security in the world." -The Vancouver Sun, April 23, 2010

Many individuals have stated their opposition to the ineffective and unsafe airport full body scanners and enhanced Pat-Downs that have been labeled by some as sexual assault. Bring your signs bring and bring yourselves to show our strength that we are against these ineffective and invasive measures.

Some people have suggested that if you are a veteran or sexual assault survivor you may want to put that on your sign.

But no matter what, come and show your support.

The link to this event on facebook is http://www.facebook.c...­