What we're about
Do you want to become a confident public speaker and strong leader? If so, Toastmasters is the place for you. You’ll find a supportive learn-by-doing environment that allows you to achieve your goals at your own pace.
Click here to read more about our club meetings - http://www.toastmasters.net.nz/visitor.html
Our Toastmasters meeting last about two hours. At a Toastmasters meeting, you'll see how you can help yourself learn to:
- Give those "can you say a few words?" short speeches on any topic
- Organise and conduct a meeting
- Introduce speakers effectively
- Improve your listening skills
- Give a prepared speech with or without notes on a range of themes
- ENJOY doing all the above
The atmosphere is always supportive, and usually light-hearted.