What we're about
The Toronto Computer Engineering Teachers Association (CETA) brings together Ontario TEJ/ICS teachers who are interested in electronics, microcontrollers, embedded systems, wireless, programming, robotics, interfacing and teaching. Meetings focus on developing and sharing hands-on projects that engage students, as well as planning and developing an annual robotics competition. Meetups to be scheduled on Saturday mornings in a fully equipped electronics laboratory at Centennial College School of Electronics in Scarborough.
Who should join:
• Toronto and Greater-Toronto area (Durham, York, Simcoe, Peel) high-school teachers.
• Teaching/learning to teach electronics and embedded programming to grade 11/12 students.
Why they should join:
• Connect with industry and peers.
• Learn new technologies and industry practice.
• Develop hardware and firmware troubleshooting skills.
• Share best practices for deploying electronics and programming concepts in the classroom.
• Participate in the planning and deployment of the CETA robotics competition.
• Socializing with peers.
• Hardware prototyping and troubleshooting.
• Programming and debugging.