873 Broadview Avenue, Lower Level, Toronto, ON
We will be discussing the various elements involved in the Dialectical Behaviour Skill (DBT) — IMPROVE THE MOMENT. And then reinforcing these skills with a group hypnosis session.
IMPROVE THE MOMENT
• Imagery – imagine very relaxing scenes; use your mind to create a safe and painless place for the moment
• Meaning – find or create some purpose, meaning, or value in the pain
• Prayer – open your heart to a supreme being, greater wisdom, god, your own wise mind
• Relaxation – use techniques to relax your body or parts of it
• One thing in the moment – focus your entire attention on just what you are doing right now
• Vacation – find vacation activities and do for limited time
• Encouragement – cheerlead yourself
These evenings will be hosted by Allan Clews who is both a master of Mindfulness (with 35 years experience) and a professional hypnotherapist (since 1989). Allan would like to structure the evenings around the life skills taught in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT).
There will be no formal charge, though a $10 donation will be requested – but only if you feel you have been nurtured by the evening. If you are unemployed or have a limited income, then you will be asked to 'pay it forward' in the form of a good deed to someone else, so that the flow of energy is not blocked.
To learn more about Allan please visit his website:
or check out his Instagram posts: